- Established in 2001, located on the eastern edge of the Yakima Valley
- Not necessarily a mountain, more of a steep slope, which faces Southwest near the Yakima River
- Over 1,199 vineyard acres currently planted in the 4,040 acre area
- More than 15 wineries are located in the Red Mountain AVA, with many additional Washington wineries sourcing grapes from Red Mountain's premiere growers
- Primary grape varieties planted include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Syrah, Sangiovese, Malbec, and Petit Verdot
- The area has a desert climate with average yearly rainfall of five inches per year. During the growing season daytime temperatures average 90 °F (32 °C) with night time temperatures dropping below 50 °F (10 °C).